Thursday, February 18, 2010

Food World Deals 2/17 - 2/23




Gorton’s Fish Sticks or Fillets

3.99 -$1/2 coupon 1/3 & 1/24 SS

Final Price: $.99
Thanks, Frugal Fairhope!


Food World has not had the best sales since they sold out, but I like shopping there because they have a lot of reduced items. For example, yesterday I went.


I bought:

A pack of Dole Shredded Lettuce (I LOVE shredded lettuce) for $0.99

A pack of those yummy soft sugar cookies with the icing and sprinkles for $2.00 (These were not out of date, they were in Mardi Gras colors, so they were reduced.)

Two Pork Tenderloins for around $4.00 each

A bag of bananas for $0.94

A tray of red potatoes for $1.04

A large package of Luncheon Meat for $1.00


All of the above was reduced. I promise you, in this house, it will all get used before it goes bad! Publix doesn't reduce food. I know they give their bakery items to the church, but what about the other items? I questioned them one time about their meat. I asked when their mark down days were. They said they never marked their meat down. OK, so what do they do with it then? Throw it away? That is absurd! I have ALWAYS purchased meat on mark down and have never had any problems. If it doesn't look good, I don't buy it. What I do buy, I either use within one day or freeze it the day I buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment