Monday, November 30, 2009

Organizing Your Coupons for Advanced



I still use a great box. I have just advanced into a much larger box. I now use the handled Rubbermaid 6 qt Handi-Box. It still fits perfect in the top of a shopping buggy and is especially great, because I can now use regular size letter envelopes with the tops cut off and they fit either way in this box. You can have two rows side by side or one long row. Some times of year, I seem to have a ton of coupons, other times, not so many, so I swap up how I have them laid out in this box a couple of times a year. My categories are much more advanced and detailed now. I still keep a pair of scissors, a pen and a small calculator in my box.

Condiments
Spices/Seasonings
Salad
Coffee/Tea
Juice
Other Beverages
Bread
Cereal
Cereal Bars/Fruit Snacks
Canned Fruit
Canned Vegetables
Canned Meat/Pasta
Pasta/Rice
Boxed Food
Salty Snacks
Sweet Snacks
Baking Supplies
Lunchmeat/Bacon/Sausage
Cheese
Butter
Pillsbury
Other Dairy
Frozen Vegetables/Bread
Fresh/Frozen Meat
Frozen Entrees
Frozen Desserts
Baby Food
Baby Other
Pet Food
Cat Litter
Toilet Paper
Tissues
Paper Towels/Sponges
Aluminum Foil/Plastic Wrap
Paper/Plastic/Foam Dishes
Storage Bags
Trash Bags
Laundry Supplies
Dish Supplies
Window/All Purpose Cleaners
Kitchen/Bathroom Cleaners
Furniture/Floor Cleaners
Air Fresheners/Disinfectants
Dental
Deodorant
Shaving Supplies
Soap
Lotion
Hair Products (Except Hair Dye)
Hair Dye
Make-Up
Feminine Products
Other Toiletries
First Aid Supplies
Head Medicine/Sleep Aids
Cold Medicine
Stomach Medicine
Vitamins
Batteries/Film
Toys/Movies

Rebates
CVS
Food World
Rite Aid
Target
Winn Dixie
Walgreens

The reason, I split my categories up so much, is I want to be able to go straight to the coupon I am looking for. If my envelope gets too big for a particular category, I will put the envelope in a sandwich size ziplock bag. My Restaurant coupons were in a large ziplock bag, I now have those in a make-up bag. I also have another small make-up bag that I keep other coupons in, such as tanning, home repairs, mall coupons, etc. Plus, I have a purse size coupon pouch that I keep in my purse to put coupons in that I know I am going to use. These are coupons that go with my shopping list or high value coupons that I don't want to forget to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment